Taupō Scenic Walks is the trading name of the Operator.
We hope you enjoy the wonderful scenery of the greater Taupō region and endeavour to provide you with a safe experience on our guided day trip.
The guided day trip to which you (“I” and “you” “the customer”) have booked to engage does carry a small degree of risk, and by participating in the activities provided by the Operator you are expressly assuming those risks personally and to the maximum extent permitted by law. You release the Operator and its officers and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses caused by any event including but not limited to:
- Personal injury or death
- Property loss or damage
- Acts which may be construed as negligent or accidental
- Any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder
By participating in the activity, I, the customer, agree to the conditions set out above, and consent to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- I agree that my successors, executors, administrators and next-of-kin are bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- I agree not to commence any litigation or proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and perils I put myself at and to indemnify the Operator against any such claim.
- I confirm that I am physically fit and suffer from no medical conditions which may be aggravated by the activity.
- I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims in respect of that treatment.
- I agree that any films, sound, video or other records taken of or during the activity will not be used in any promotion or advertising without the prior consent of the Operator, however the Operator may use such recordings itself at its complete discretion without any prior approval from the customer.
- I agree to listen to my guide, follow their instructions and make sure any children in my care do the same.
The Operator accepts no responsibility for any loss or additional expenses arising from changes, delays or cancellations of the services and activities of the Operator.
The Operator recommends that all customers have up-to-date travel insurance arrangements in case of unforeseen circumstances.
If paying by credit card, the name that will appear on the cardholder’s statement will be “Taupō Scenic Walks”. All prices on this website are quoted in New Zealand dollars and include GST.
Advance bookings are essential for guided trips. To confirm your reservation full payment must be received.
Please contact us as soon as possible if you need to change a booking. We will do our best to meet your needs, however we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee if any part of the activity is cancelled.
- If a customer chooses to cancel:
- Up to 48 hours before departure time – rebooking at no extra cost, or refund less 10% booking fee.
- Within 24 to 48 hours before departure time – rebooking at no extra cost, or refund less 50% booking fee.
- Within 24 hours of departure or after departure time – rebooking with a 10% booking fee, or no refund.
- Cancellation by the Taupō Scenic Walks:
Taupō Scenic Walks reserves the right to cancel or amend any guided trip due to road, track, water or weather conditions. If we cancel a guided trip due to such circumstances, you will have the following options:
- Cancel the day’s guided trip and receive a full refund.
- Choose an alternate date for the guided trip from the Operator’s available services at no cost.
- You will receive no refund:
- If you miss the guided trip departure time (e.g sleeping late, unexpected illness or injury, vehicle breakdowns, etc).
- If we have to cancel the booking due to client’s ill health, poor fitness or intoxication.
Acknowledgement of Risk Statement
Any adventure activity may have potential risks. Detailed risk management and safety procedures are observed, however there still is an element of risk to this guided trip.
Taupō Scenic Walks cannot absolutely guarantee customer safety. Taupō Scenic Walks accepts legal responsibilities but cannot be held responsible for personal injury or for loss, theft or damage of/to your equipment outside legal responsibilities. Participants will be required to sign an Acknowledgment of Risk Statement form to this effect before starting the guided trip.
Prices are subject to change. Any increases since the date of issue of the brochure are at the cost of the customer payable to the Operator.
All material on this website cannot be used for any purpose without permission. This website may only be accessed via a standard web browser.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
The Operator reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying users of this site.
Payment for booking is required in full at the time of booking. You agree to make payment via a debit to your nominated credit card. The amount debited will be an amount shown in New Zealand dollars (inclusive of New Zealand Goods and Services Tax) on the booking page prior to you clicking “Submit Payment” on that page and you will be charged to your credit card in the amount shown or converted to your local currency your credit card company. Depending upon the currency in which your card was issued, your credit card provider may impose foreign exchange fees and other fees in accordance with your arrangements with that credit card provider. The Operator is not responsible for currency conversion or any fees imposed by your credit card provider, and any questions relating to such matters should be directed to them.
Whilst we try to accommodate most notified special dietary requirements, this is not always possible. Please note any allergies or medical conditions on the booking form.
Upon completion of your booking, you will be emailed a booking confirmation and details of what time you will be collected from your accommodation.
Our website includes important details about what you can expect, what you need to bring, what is supplied and where you need to be at what time. Please ensure that you read through this information thoroughly to ensure that you are adequately prepared. You are responsible for ensuring that you dress appropriately, that you have appropriate footwear to undertake the activity, and that you are in a fit medical state to undertake the activity.
This website and all component parts, including these Terms and Conditions are covered exclusively by the laws of New Zealand and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
By ticking the statement which says “By checking this box you confirm that you agree to our Terms and Conditions” prior to clicking Pay, I undertake to be bound by the above Terms and Conditions.